Version March 21, 2012
We have adopted general policies and procedures concerning confidentiality, proprietary data and privacy of customer personal information. The information we gather over the Site is protected by those policies and procedures. Generally, we collect non-public personal information about our clients and investors from the following sources:
- Information we receive from clients and investors on applications or other forms, including the information we collect on the Site, and
- Information about clients’ or investors’ transactions with us, our affiliates or others.
Our policy is that:
- We do not disclose any non-public personal information about our current or former clients or investors to anyone, except as permitted by law. We may voluntarily disclose non-public personal information about our current and former clients or investors to regulatory authorities in connection with our business or our affiliates. In addition, we share non-public personal information with certain service providers, to the extent permitted by law, and we require those service providers to keep the non-public information confidential. For example, we may provide such information to prime brokers, ISDA counterparties, attorneys, third-party marketing firms, fund administrators and auditors.
- We restrict access to non-public personal information about our clients and investors to employees and service providers who need to know that information to provide services to our clients.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard clients’ and investors’ personal information.
Collection of Information
In general, you can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. We can automatically track certain information that your browser makes available whenever you visit a website. This information includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language and one or more files that may uniquely identify your browser. We may use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests and behavior to better understand, protect and serve you and our clients. This information may include the URL from which you just came (whether this URL is on the Site or not), to which URL you next go (whether this URL is on the Site or not), your computer browser information and your IP address. We may use this information to operate, develop and improve our services.
Use and Disclosure of Information
We may also share information about you if we believe that disclosure is required by law. For example, we may need to disclose information in response to a subpoena or to cooperate with regulatory or law enforcement authorities.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We use procedural and technical safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access and disclosure to protect your privacy, which may include encryption, “firewalls” and Secure Socket Layers. We treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the company. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet.
Persons under the age of 18 are not eligible to use the Site.
Conditions of Use
Changes to this policy
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us any time at email@example.com.